Encompass Health is excited to expand the capabilities of our Human Resources department by adding a HR Analytics Specialist to join our corporate team at our headquarters in Birmingham, AL. As we continue to evolve, this role will help us build a data-first, human-centric approach to our HR strategy. Reporting to the Director of HR Strategy, the HR Analytics Specialist is responsible for providing data insights across the employee talent life-cycle. In addition to creating analytical products for team HR leaders, through analytical ingenuity and partnering with leaders throughout HR and cross-functional departments, this individual will compile internal and external people data and reports that help leaders understand and reimagine operational possibilities through workforce data.
The ideal HR Data and Analytics Specialist should have experience and a passion for producing, organizing, and analyzing big data, to help influence patient care and employee experiences.
• Lead or support development, collection, analysis, and transformation of workforce data through the use of databases, spreadsheets, queries, statistical tools, and programs
• Develop HR Scorecard and predictive modeling dashboards, metrics, models, forecasts, simulations, reports, and analytical insights
• Analyze and interpret Encompass Health’s candidate and employee trends and provide insights and actionable recommendations to HR leadership and Operations leaders
• Prepare operational people reporting (monthly metrics reports for areas such as, Talent Acquisition, Inclusion & Diversity, and Talent Management)
• Collaborate with members of HR and the business to identify, standardize, and implement data & analytics solutions, including enhanced tools, process improvements, etc.
• Gathers data from various sources (internal & external) to review and assess Encompass Health’s performance against industry standards and benchmarks
• Supports the CHRO and Director, HR Strategy by summarizing data and proactively identifying issues and opportunities related to people operations
• Create and analyze standard and ad hoc reporting, as requested by HR or Business Leadership
• Consult on analytical products for the HR team and serve as the data visualization expert; maintains a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices
Job Code: 101304
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- 5-7 years in data science or data analytics; experience in HR/People data analytics preferred
- Bachelor's degree in an organizational data-related field (organizational science, organizational behavior, industrial psychology) required; will consider experience in lieu of degree
- Master's degree preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with Qualtrics, Tableau, Visier, QlikView or other data visualization and analytical software preferred
- Experience with SQL database query and report development skills
- Strong experience in data management (i.e. cleaning, organizing, and compiling data from multiple sources for analysis)
- Must have the ability to use data and analysis to ¿tell a story¿ and drive meaningful action
- Knowledge of HR systems such as human resource information systems, applicant tracking systems, enterprise performance management systems, and learning management systems preferred
- Strong problem-solving capability and ability to analyze complex problems to develop practical solutions
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to understand and translate customer requirements/needs when making decisions
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Operates with a keen sense of urgency
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1922412