The Pharmacy Technician performs technical support functions in the department under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
· Provides inventory control including the maintenance of medications in the pharmacy according to the medication formula.
· Replaces medication including daily filling of med dispense machines with a 24-hour supply, utilizing a unite-dose system.
· Files and maintains required paperwork and reports regarding med cart, compounding log, medication inspection, expired med disposition, medication recalls, and technician activity.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation is a 110-bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital located on Worcester, MA. We provide comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
We are dedicated to acute physical rehab for patient’s just days out of surgery or the ICU having suffered a major and often significant medical event. Our Doctors, Nurses, and Nursing Assistants work with patients 7 days a week helping them not only recover, but overcome their injury and return home to their lives and families.
With an average length of stay between 1-3 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families. We are proud of the fact that 80% of the patients admitted to Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital of Worcester, MA are discharged directly to their homes.
You could work anywhere, why not come to work knowing you are making a difference in someone’s life!
- Certification and Registration as a Pharmacy Technician as required by the state
- Minimum 1 year experience in acute care/ clinical pharmacy preferred
- General medical terminology is preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1923128