Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs is currently looking for a Director of Therapy Operations to join our hospital leadership team.
Using independent judgment, the Director of Therapy Operations organizes, develops, directs, and supervises all aspects of Therapy Operations, which includes inpatient and outpatient therapy; and may include other hospital services, in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, regulations, and guidelines to assure that the highest degree of quality care is rendered at all times. In addition, the Director of Therapy Operations:
requires effective management skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
is responsible for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
represents Therapy Operations in hospital meetings, meetings with CEO, and participates as key member of hospital leadership.
is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of financial and budgeting concerns for all departments under its control.
maintains open and an on-going communication with the Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Case Management, Director of Marketing, Director of HR, Controller, and hospital Medical Director to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
requires competency in therapy discipline for evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs is a 50 bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care. Designed with our patient’s care in mind, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs offers 50 private rooms with beautiful views, multi-channel televisions, and wireless internet capabilities.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary and neurological conditions, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injuries, trauma and many other conditions.
831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
Click here for a map and contact information on our location.
License or Certification:
- Current State license in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Language Pathology. CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited therapy program.
- Additional training with a Master’s or Doctor’s degree in either professional or management area is preferred.
- Minimum five years of rehabilitation experience which includes two years in management is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops, revises, communicates and implements policies and procedures, and holds staff accountable to their roles and responsibilities.
- Advises CEO on staff and equipment required for effective program operation.
- Uses historical data and emerging trends to accurately forecast operational revenues and expenses.
- Makes recommendations based on internal and external market conditions for potential salary adjustments.
- Stays abreast of research, products, evidence-based Medicine, and new developments in rehabilitation.
- Communicates with doctors and community residents to identify rehabilitation needs and develops business case for needed program development. Takes leadership in program development including accreditations such as disease specific certification.
- Educates staff and community on new capabilities in collaboration with marketing department. Educates the community on prevention, awareness, and treatment options.
- Participates in hospital audits and ensures corrective actions as indicated.
- Monitors and interprets data on patient outcomes, satisfaction and safety. Targets processes for improvement and leads implementation of process improvement.
- Provides resources for program-based peer support groups.
- Develops/supports clinical affiliations and relationships with educational institutions.
- Occasionally may provide patient care (see attached discipline-specific addendum).
- Locates and utilizes current corporate, regional and hospital tools and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Partners with the HR department to understand how employment laws affect situations within the department and ensures adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Assists HR in ensuring current licensure and certifications for all licensed or certified staff and maintains professional licensure and certifications.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Has in-depth knowledge of state, federal, professional, program reimbursement, and business standards, legal issues, documentation requirements, regulatory requirements, and applies them to program operations and departments. Takes responsibility and acts as a resource to therapy on business standards and regulations and communicates how standards apply to department positions. Educates and communicates updates and changes in standards to the staff.
- Monitors staff performance for compliance and provides positive reinforcement.
- Establishes and monitors department processes such as scheduling, staffing, communications, and patient programs including plan for patient treatment including intake, admission, scheduling, and communication.
- Establishes and monitors plan for patient education and discharge including use of patient education software and company products, patient and family instruction, continuum of care, equipment recommendation, home program recommendations and recommendations for community support.
Address: 831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs 32714
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1923745