Encompass Health is seeking an individual to assist with the administration and monitoring of an enterprise class infrastructure to deliver information technology value to the company. The ideal candidate would work well as part of a larger team while being self-motivated and results oriented.
The Systems Engineer I in the Desktop Management group is a server team entry-level position responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, and management of infrastructure hardware and enterprise applications. Clear communication skills with users, management, and across functional teams are required along with the ability to build and maintain solutions driven by organizational strategy and objectives.
The individual would be trained to perform the specific technical duties of this position. The most important attributes for success are:
• Fast learning.
• Dedication to results.
• Willingness to work within variable project deadlines.
• Team fit.
Experience in the following is a plus:
• Imprivata OneSign.
• Enterprise Class Antivirus products.
• Server operating systems and hardware.
• Microsoft technologies.
Job Code: 100743
• Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• Relevant Information Technology certifications preferred
• Familiar with regulatory compliance
Privacy and Security
• Basic understanding and demonstrated competency in the following areas:
Troubleshooting abilities in a multi-tier architecture
Manage and maintain site-related documentation
Produce progress, problem and status reports, as required by management
Manage service providers for prompt problem resolution
Incident Management, Change management and Problem Management
Hardware installation, configuration and maintenance
Software installation, configuration and maintenance
Performance monitoring and tuning
System backup and recovery methods
Disaster recovery processes
Group interaction, influence to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems
• Desktop Management Systems Engineer I requirements:
• Experience and/or knowledge in administration and support of one or more of the following technologies:
Software packaging and distribution
Desktop operating system builds and deployment
Automated desktop patching
Single sign-on and password reset
Desktop monitoring and performance management
Application Virtualization (Citrix or App-V)
Enterprise Class Antivirus
Desktop Quality Assurance
End user device procurement
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1923951