The Receptionist maintains internal and external communications of hospital and community through the operation of the telephone switchboard and front desk reception and helps support other hospital departments by taking on clerical or general office related responsibilities as directed.
Job Code: 100221
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of switchboard equipment preferred
- Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry assignments preferred
- 10-key data entry method preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone switchboard, postage machine, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 10 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 5406 Colgate Street, Lubbock 79416
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 1924511