The HIMS Technician compiles, processes, and maintains records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the healthcare system. The position processes, maintains, compiles, and reports patient information for health requirements and standards.
Job Code: 100153
License or Certification:
- Registered Health Information (RHIT) preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate of accredited Medical Record Technology College or vocational school preferred
- Minimum three years of hospital HIMS experience preferred in lieu of certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- One year data entry experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer, scanner
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2101 E. Newnan Crossing Blvd., Newnan 30265
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1924913