The Patient Transporter/RNT is responsible for:
- Providing safe, direct observation of patients being transported to outside appointments from the hospital.
- Assisting health care professionals to lift/move patients when necessary to ensure a smooth transport process or repositioning a patient.
- Comfort patients and their families by offering support and encouragement; being punctual and attentive to procedure schedules; demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity.
- Clean and maintain equipment as needed.
- When not transporting patients to outside appointments, assists the nursing team in providing service and care to patients including but not limited to:
- Answering call lights.
- Assisting with serving meals and feeding patients, transferring patients and providing direct care.
Job Code: 100098
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to help lift/transfer patients and the stamina to spend extended periods of time standing with patients.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing superior customer service to staff, physicians, customers, referral sources and the patient with a service-oriented attitude in accordance with comfort, professionalism and respect.
- Respects and protects patient confidence and hospital confidentiality by keeping all sensitive and patient information private.
- Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
License or Certification: - None required Education, Training and Years of Experience: - Knowledge and ability equivalent to a high school diploma or GED or work experience in a related job. Machines, Equipment Used: - General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Physical Requirements: - Good visual acuity and ability to communicate. - Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements. - Ability to walk continuously through assigned shift. Compliance: - Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct. - Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable. Skills and Abilities: - Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively. - Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner. - Ability to work independently without supervision. Environmental Conditions: - Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure. - Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required. - Handicapped accessible. - May work under stressful circumstances at times. Proficiency or Productivity Standards: - Meets established attendance standards. - Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge. - May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. - Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster. - May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives. - May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1926414