The Credentialing Coordinator is primarily responsible for processing medical staff initial and reappointment applications. This position will manage specific credentialing activities assigned to them, prepare and process all credentialing activities and update and maintain current and accurate practitioner files according to the appropriate accrediting and regulatory agencies. This position will support hospitals with verification as they arise. The position will report to the Credentials Verification Office Manager.
Job Code: 101174
License or Certification:
- CPCS or CPMSM a plus
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school degree required
- One to three years experience in medical staff credentialing preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well the ability to navigating of software
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 1926468