The Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting with the Tax Department's overall effort to meet the Company's income and franchise tax compliance responsibilities. Each Tax Accountant is responsible for preparing various portions of the federal and state income and franchise tax compliance for a number of entities within our consolidated group, a portion of annual partnership income tax compliance, a portion of analysis done to support financial reporting on income taxes for the Company's annual Form 10-K filing, as well as other tasks as assigned.
Job Code: 100387
License or Certification:
- CPA preferred.
- Other professional certifications are a plus.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or some related field is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of tax experience, or a Masters in Accountancy or Tax degree, or 1 year of internal experience in the Accounting Department required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer required.
- Experience working with tax software applications (e.g., Thomson Workflow/FastTax, TaxStream, etc.) preferred.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 1926581