As a per diem Wound Care Nurse, you’ll be part of the connection between compassionate care and the real, positive results your patients are striving to achieve. Use your skills within our inpatient rehabilitation setting to provide the nursing perspective and attention to detail that our highly specialized, integrated team approach requires. Elevate expectations and outcomes with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
WOUND CARE NURSE, INPATIENT REHABILITATION
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Vineland, NJ
This is an on-call position that will work a schedule based on patient acuity, diagnosis, length of stay, and required care.
The Wound Care Nurse provides wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state regulatory and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality patient care is rendered at all times. The Plan of Care and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care treatments. This position functions under the direction of an RN or physician, demonstrating above average communication skills, personal integrity, and works effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and outside agencies as required. The position leads hospital wound education efforts as well as educates patients and family members on wounds and wound care topics. While this position does not specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader o the wound care program in the hospital this person does guide clinical team on wound care treatment. This position requires continuous updating of education and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound care.
Job Code: 100247
• RN licensure in the state of New Jersey.
• Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) certification required.
• 1 year experience as a NP and 5 years experience as a RN.
• Masters of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
• CPR certification required.
• Completion of a WOCN Society accredited educational program in ostomy management and/or certification by the WOCNCB in ostomy care (CWOCN, COCN, CWON)
• Advanced knowledge, skills, abilities, and judgment; functions in an advanced level as determined by the nurse's position; and is not required to have additional regulatory oversight.
Address: 1237 W. Sherman Ave., Vineland 08360
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 1927125
Contact Name - External: Jeffrey Nardo
Contact Email - External: Jeff.Nardo@encompasshealth.com