Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Encompass Health is the nationwide leader in rehabilitation services; we operate rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient clinics, and home health and hospice services in 36 states and Puerto Rico.
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, is a 110 bed acute physical rehab hospital in Worcester, MA employing 300 staff dedicated to the rapid recovery of patients who have experienced a significant medical event such as stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, cardiac issues, requiring short term hospital level medical care.
The Human Resources Coordinator, under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, assists in the administration of human resources function to include, but not limited to, recruitment and retention of staff, benefits administration, orientation of staff, worker's compensation, and policy administration.
The Human Resources Coordinator supports the recruiting function by screening resumes to identify candidates and may interview entry level candidates. This position supports benefits administration by overseeing the FMLA process.
The Human Resources Coordinator participates in new hire orientations, I-9 verifications, new hire drug and criminal background checks, file audits, employee status changes.
The Human Resources Coordinator is the front line for providing customer service to employee and manager needs.
The Human Resources Coordinator assists in federal, state, and Joint Commission survey preparedness activities.
The Human Resources Coordinator assists with special HR projects and may serve as a project coordinator.
The Human Resources Coordinator must have prior Human Resources experience, very strong organizational skills, the ability to keep employee information confidential, and have strong computer skills.
License or Certification:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred, but not required.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Human Resource Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four-year degree on a year for year basis.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience, preferably in healthcare, hospitality or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with candidate tracking systems and internet based recruiting required.
- Experience with candidate tracking systems and internet based requiting
- Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint required.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Job ID: 1927882