The Quality/Risk Coordinator, under the general direction of the Quality/Risk Director, assists in the administration of the the quality and risk functions, including but not limited to working with hospital administration, departments and the medical staff to monitor and evaluate the quality of delivery of patient care services within the hospital. The Coordinator also ensures proper compliance with regulatory agencies, accrediting bodies, corporate and hospital policies and procedures, and implements risk, quality assessment and improvement programs within the hospital.
Job Code: 100658
License or Certification:
- Licensed or Certified according to individual state requirement.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or related field preferred.
- Quality and/or risk management experience, including performance improvement activitities, regulatory compliance, conflict resolution and risk management activities.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn 01801
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2010876