Encompass Health Home Office in Birmingham, AL is currently seeking a qualified candidate to intern with our Aviation department. Our 2020 summer internship program starts Monday, May 18th and concludes Friday, August 7th. The intern position will work at the Encompass Health hanger located at the Birmingham airport. This position is a temporary one for the summer and will work on projects as defined by the manager and VP of Aviation. Daily tasks will include a job shadow with aviation scheduler, maintenance technician, and pilots to include observation of towing/fueling, aircraft cleaning and stocking of the aircraft, general duties around the hanger, and observing light maintenance work completed on the aircraft. Each year the intern is responsible for a special project to build business skills in the workplace. This position will also interact with other interns in other areas of the company and at the end of the assignment, a presentation on what the intern learned will be given to the Senior leadership. This person will also participate with other interns in social activities outside of work as scheduled by the HR team.
In 2020, the Aviation special project will be related to one of the following department functions:
1. Aviation Safety / SMS management --- Safety promotion
2. Aviation reports – related to fuel management, aircraft utilization
3. Airport map project --- overlay the Encompass Health Locations in proximity to the suitable airports commonly utilized.
4. Aircraft stock – Creating the Aircraft stocking standard
5. Department share point site development
6. Passenger service --- Passenger briefing project
Actively seeking a degree in Aviation Management or related field.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2011037