Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital The Vintage
The Nutrition Service Supervisor supports management, planning and coordination of activities of the Nutrition Services Department to provide nutritional services to patients as well as employees and guests. The position implements policies and procedures to support and help administrative direction for cafeteria management, food preparation, distribution, service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, staffing and staff development. In addition, the Supervisor may assist Dietitian with nutrition assessments if qualified.
The Supervisor is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables the department to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100232
- CDM or Dietetic Technician registration with ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency.
- Current member of ADA if required by State or other regulatory agency
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Graduate of an associate degree program in food service, preferred. Must have knowledge of nutrition and dietetics, operations of hospital food services and knowledge of all H.A.C.C.P. guidelines preferred.
- Two years healthcare food service experience and preferably in a supervisory role
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push/pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperature extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 20180 Chasewood Park Drive, Houston 77070
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2012229