Unmatched leadership development
Unparalleled impact on patient outcomes
As therapy manager, you will have the opportunity to be the connection between skilled, compassionate clinicians and the positive impact they have on every patient. Take this chance to develop strong leaders and influence each patient in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of your clinical and management skills with the national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Report to the director of therapy operations, take responsibility for inpatient therapy and direct the day-to-day therapy services provided by our physical, occupational and speech departments.
• Provide patient care in a licensed discipline at least 50 percent of the time.
• Delegate tasks to and supervise therapy staff, including assistants and technicians.
• Take responsibility for staffing and scheduling to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
• Maintain open and ongoing communication with directors and managers to ensure that patient, staff and hospital needs are met.
• Help to create a positive work environment, motivate staff to improve performance and guide the operation and performance measurement/continuous improvement of the department.
• Current licensure appropriate to state regulations required.
• CPR certification required per hospital policy.
• Effective supervisory and communication skills for interdepartmental relationships are essential.
• Successful completion of a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program essential.
• Three or more years of rehabilitation experience, including supervisory responsibilities, required.
• Demonstrated competence in a specific therapy discipline for effective evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Address: 3800 Ridgeway Drive, Birmingham 35209
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2014297