Physical Therapist Senior,
Pool / PRN / As needed
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altamonte Springs
WEEKEND AVAILABILITY REQUIRED!
The Senior Physical Therapist provides physical therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective mentoring and training skills along with good communication skills for departmental relationships
- Requires competency in physical therapy evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Requires task delegation and supervision of physical therapist assistants and technicians.
- Assists with scheduling physical therapy in-services education, physical therapy student program, physical therapists and assistants orientation
- Assists with physical therapist assistant mentoring, training and communications to drive physical therapy excellence for patient treatments
- Maintains open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
-Typically provides patient care in licensed discipline 90% to 95% of work hoursThe Senior Physical Therapist creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available Benefits, please click here.
Who will you treat? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our therapist can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients treating a wide clinical caseload such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
You will use standard and advanced therapy technologies- depending on hospital location, some equipment used such as Auto Ambulators, Bioness, Interactive Metronome, Hand Mentor, SmartStep, Anodyne, Wii and CAPs may be available.
Helping you become a better therapist is critical to our success
- You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Job Code: 100014
License or Certification:
- Must be in possession of current state license or certification on or before the first day of employment.
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited Master's degree program or accredited Bachelor's Degree program plus sufficient experience in the field.
- A minimum of two years of physical therapy experience is required
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or speciality professional certification preferred
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 831 South State Road 434, Altamonte Springs 32714
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2015150