The Hemodialysis Coordinator assists the CNO in day to day operations of a Hemodialysis program:
• Directing, organizing and developing all hemodialysis services
• Providing direct patient care to inpatients in need of hemodialysis
• Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by other dialysis staff
• Assessing and reassessing patients
• Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
• Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
The Program Coordinator helps create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding program goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100022
License or Certification:
- As required by the state requirements for the program or the discipline.
- ACLS within 1 year of hire
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Experience:
- One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting preferred
- One year of dialysis nursing experience preferred
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- Tablo dialysis machine
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Address: 8074 South 1300 East, Sandy 84094
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2018033