Sea Pines Rehabilitation Hospital
The Charge Nurse is responsible for ensuring excellent patient satisfaction and positive outcomes by:
- Supervising the care, treatment and services provided to patients by nursing staff on the assigned unit and throughout the shift.
- Supporting the efforts of the nursing staff by providing direct patient care when needed.
- Assessing and reassessing patients throughout the shift and reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the nurse supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team by providing the appropriate information to the team, and utilizing the information received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to patient needs and is reflective of patient goals.
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more information on available benefits, please click here.
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations.
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Two years of experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Address: 101 East Florida Avenue, Melbourne 32901
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2018229