CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking a Controller to join the leadership team.
Hot Springs, AR 71913-6912
The Controller is responsible to help create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to direct report staff, holding direct reports accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
The Controller directs and supervises the complete accounting system and financial function of the hospital. This includes charges, billing, A/R, cash receipts, collections, A/P, payroll, general ledger, forecasting, budgeting, internal controls, and audits. Facets include in/outpatient and ancillary services offered by the hospital.
This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
License or Certification:
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Management with a major in Accounting. MBA preferred.
Minimum of five years hospital accounting experience preferred.
Knowledge of financial management and analysis principles and techniques and managerial skills typically acquired through two to three years of experience in public accounting, specifically in health care auditing and reimbursement knowledge (when applied to small hospitals) or one to three years of experience as a hospital chief financial officer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approves the purchases of hospital expenses in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performs hospital financial reviews on a monthly basis and controls expenses.
- Prepares any state financial reports that are required.
- Completes annual financial budget and capital budget.
- Reviews hospital A/R on a daily basis.
- Completes monthly financial package and submits to corporate on a monthly basis.
- Assists department to monitor labor productivity.
- Completes weekly financial forecasts.
- Completes reports as requested by CEO, hospital department leader, regional teams and corporate office.
- Is responsible for hospital internal controls and audits.
- Completes cost report packages as needed.
- Helps monitor compliance with Medicare regulations.
- Implements actual plans to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Participates in hospital governing body and partnership boards as needed.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Contact Name - External: Caroline Mears
Contact Email - External: Caroline.Mears@encompasshealth.com
Address: 1636 Higdon Ferry Road, Hot Springs 71913-6912
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2019077