A better team approach
A better result for patients
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as Regional Vice President of Operations for the South Atlantic Region, you’ll have an extraordinary opportunity to be the connection between confident leadership and exceptional results for the communities we serve. We invite you to maximize your impressive healthcare background, strong management abilities and relationship-building capacity to guide a passionate, talented team that delivers exceptional care essential to a lasting recovery. Make a more meaningful professional impact with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Regional Vice President of Operations
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
- Analyzes market, promotes, informs, and advertises hospital and its services to community, potential patients, referral sources and others who are not currently choosing the hospital for services and care.
- Is actively involved in lobbying and grass roots efforts, in local and national healthcare policy making process.
- Monitors and manages operations of multiple hospitals to meet financial performance objectives, forecasted revenues and expenses for the upcoming budgeting period.
- Implements action plans to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Complies with Sarbanes Oxley Act 404 by managing, maintaining and assessing the effectiveness of an adequate internal controls structure for financial reporting within multiple hospitals.
- Develops strong business relationships and physicians, case managers, insurance companies, employers, and organizations who can direct patients to the hospital.
- Ensures marketing staff knows how to get appropriate case mix of referrals appropriate to hospital (including CMS admission criteria), knows impact case mix has upon clinical and financial outcomes, and can effectively market the hospital.
- Leads through daily behavior and example.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related healthcare field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience of a Master’s degree as demonstrated by such responsibilities as but not limited to accountability for hospital operations, budget development, analysis and oversight; marketing including volume growth/program development; FTE management; expense control; policy and procedure development and implementation; and process development to facilitate regulatory compliance.
- 10 years of management experience in healthcare. Minimum 5 years in Senior Management position.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2021802