Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona (formerly HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona) is an 80-bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. We admit patients just days out of ICU or surgery who require continued acute medical care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary, or cardiac rehabilitation needs and more.
Our hospital has a full complement of doctors, therapists, nurses, behavioral health providers and other medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 1- 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families, as well as celebrate their recovery!
We are proud of the fact that approximately 80% of the patients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people’s lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Our expertise is backed by six JCAHO Disease Specific Certifications: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac, Orthopedic, and Advanced Diabetes Rehabilitation programs.
A stronger bond with patients
A stronger impact on recovery
BE THE CONNECTION.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you’ll be the connection between compassionate care and the real, positive results your patients are striving to achieve. Use your skills within our inpatient rehabilitation setting to provide the nursing perspective and attention to detail that our highly specialized, integrated team approach requires. Elevate expectations and outcomes with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
REGISTERED NURSE (RN), INPATIENT REHABILITATION
As a registered nurse at Encompass Health channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Help patients by supervising care and treatments, leading patient assessments, creating personalized plans of care, targeting patient concerns and offering the best solutions.
• View each patient with a strong sense of empathy, listen closely to their personal stories, and get to know each one’s physical, mental and emotional needs.
• See patients progress due to the effort you and your team put forth each day and build rewarding relationships with them during stays that last from two to four weeks.
• Spend each day helping someone to regain control of their lives with the goal of being discharged from the hospital and back to their community, families and friends.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
• Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations required.
• CPR certification required (ACLS preferred).
• CRRN certification supported.
• One or more years of experience working with medically complex patients preferred.
** Strong new graduates encouraged to apply **
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2021894
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: Christine.Filer@encompasshealth.com