The Privacy Analyst works closely with the Privacy Officer and Ethics & Compliance staff to administer the Company's Privacy Program. This position supports the Privacy Officer by performing various tasks that are necessary to ensure the company's ongoing compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule and state privacy regulations. Under the guidance of the Privacy Officer, the Privacy Analyst assists in drafting privacy tools to support compliance activities, performs privacy risk assessments and other validation activities, investigates potential breaches and other allegations of non-compliance related to privacy matters, routinely tracks and monitors privacy related action plans through completion, and assists the Company's Hospital HIPAA Officers (HHOs) as needed.
Job code: 101347
License or Certification:
- CHC® or CHPC® preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor¿s degree in health care administration, business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three to five years¿ experience in HIPAA privacy compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of general compliance programs and HIPAA requirements and rules.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses broad knowledge of compliance program concepts and administration, and specialized knowledge of HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to develop and deploy a new area of the company for expected return on investment and compliance results.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2021978