Encompass Health is currently looking for a Regional Vice President of Human Resources to help support our South East Region. This region consists of hospitals throughout Florida and will be based in Tampa, FL. This position will require about 75% travel.
The Regional Vice President, Human Resources provides consultative support and resources to the Regional President, other members of the Regional Management Team, and to all hospitals within the region. The position is also responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables hospitals to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding goals, conveying the organization’s mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or 10 years experience.
- Minimum five years progressively responsible experience as a generalist and manager, including experience providing services to multiple locations.
- Must have a working knowledge of state and federal employment law.
- Proficiency with computer systems, including work processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews and approves all compensation requests from hospitals within the region including promotions, demotions, market adjustments and merit increases. May also assist hospitals in gathering compensation and benefit data from local healthcare market and competitors for recruitment and retention.
- Manages, in conjunction with hospital leadership, staffing levels, turnover, salary costs and contract labor.
- Utilizes up-to-date industry knowledge and market strategies to coordinate and implement effective recruitment and retention programs.
- Participates in cross-functional, regional, and corporate teams, developing these relationships and rolling out new initiatives developed by these teams.
- Demonstrates understanding and ensures implementation of Joint Commission HR standards and healthcare regulations.
- Handles employee relations matters, including investigation of EEOC and compliance-related charges, as well as review and approval of all discharge requests at the hospital level.
- Assists local HR Directors by being a strategic partner to ensure indicators are met.
- Provides substantiated input to management regarding expenses and market trends.
- Functions as Director of HR for any hospital within the region due to vacancy or leave of absence.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022170