Encompass Health is currently looking for a Regional Vice President of Operations Controller to help support our South East Region. This region consists of hospitals throughout Florida, and will be based in Tampa, FL. This position will require about 75% travel.
The VP, Operations Controller oversees all accounting of the Company’s hospitals. The position is responsible for monthly closing and reporting, reviews, and analysis, as they relate to accounting for hospital operations. In addition, the position oversees the reporting of those results within the organization. This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
License or Certification:
- CPA required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- BS/BA in Accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum 10 years experience in tax and accounting. Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Senior manager in large organization with P&L responsibility and a track record of success.
- Skillful and successful in planning, finance/accounting, people and process management.
- Experience in a Big 4 Firm is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively manages Inpatient Accounting close process to published deadlines and ensures adequate supporting documentation is maintained for standard & nonrecurring journal entries.
- Prepares Inpatient Financial Reporting Packages and other profitability analysis and discusses significant trends with Senior Finance and Operations Management.
- Reviews and certifies the Company’s quarterly and year-end SEC filings as a “Section 302” certifier.
- Ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control system related to Inpatient Accounting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of GAAP and ability to research, communicate and counsel senior management on accounting positions taken by the Company.
- Develops and maintains accounting policies and procedures.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022196