Encompass Health is currently looking for a Regional Chief Nursing Officer to help support our South East Region. This position will support hospitals throughout Florida and will require about 75% travel.
The Regional Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables hospitals to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the organization’s mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- BLS certification ACLS Preferred
- CRRN certification preferred
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field required, or another appropriate degree, or a written plan to obtain these qualification approved by the National CNO and hospital CEO, unless higher degree required by state.
- Five years experience in inpatient hospital setting.
- Two years Nursing Management experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE management, policy, procedure, and budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action.
- Equivalent professional experience commensurate with a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Director of Nursing/CNO or equivalent role in an acute care or rehab setting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Solicits and receives feedback from local CNOs regarding the quality and satisfaction of care, staffing effectiveness, documentation, compliance, education, recruitment, and outcomes.
- Maintains licensure and competency to assist as needed with CNO duties at local hospitals as appropriate.
- Takes calculated risks and creates a positive impact on productivity, costs, quality and timely delivery of services.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors hospitals’ critical numbers and taking actions to reverse negative trends.
- Ensures CNOs adhere to the requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory compliance and provides education on regulatory compliance.
- Serves on and supports the nursing advisory board in developing and improving documentation, quality monitors, outcome monitors, education plan and development of nurses, recruitment/retention strategies, staffing models and standards of productivity, competencies.
- Consults and assists other hospitals in need within the region.
- Provides information and clinical perspective on nursing, recruitment and retention, effective staffing models, patient satisfaction, CMS 13 development, educational needs, technology needs and advice, inpatient regulation and billing requirements, FIM training, and UDS outcomes monitoring and interpretation.
- Supports the Regional Team and serves as a resource to the SVP, the region’s CEOs, and CNOs.
- Communicates with local CNOs on documentation forms and standards, outcomes and best practice (UDS outcomes, FIM scoring, Stroke COE and other clinical initiatives), compliance and billing requirements, staffing guidelines, education and development of nurses, and recruiting.
- Trains and assists new CNOs in his/her orientation and on boarding.
- Provides leadership to nursing teams to identify new nursing issues and concerns.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022197