Encompass Health is currently looking for a Regional Director of Case Management to help support our South East Region. This region consists of hospitals throughout Florida and will require about 75% travel.
The Regional Director of Case Management is responsible for helping to create an environment and culture that enables hospitals to fulfill the mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the organization’s mission to staff, holding staff accountable for performance, and motivating staff to improve performance. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; and promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
License and Certification:
• Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, SW, OT, PT, ST, and Rehabilitation Counseling).
• If licensure is available for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
• Current CCM® or ACM™ certification is required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
• For Nursing, must possess baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) with RN licensure.
• For other eligible health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
• 3 years of hospital based Case Management experience including Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Solicits and receives feedback from region’s Case Management Directors regarding the quality and satisfaction of care, staffing effectiveness, documentation, compliance, education, recruitment, and outcomes.
- Maintains licensure and competency to assist as needed with DCM duties at regional hospitals as appropriate.
- Takes calculated risks and creates a positive impact on productivity, costs, quality and timely delivery of services.
- Reviews, evaluates, and monitors hospitals’ critical numbers and takes actions to reverse negative trends.
- Works with the National Case Management Leadership Board and the regional team to set objectives, develop strategies for success, and monitor performance.
- Ensures DCMs adhere to the requirements of The Joint Commission and other regulatory compliance and provides education on regulatory compliance.
- Provides guidance, support and education to Case Management Directors and staff, and communicates regional issues, trends, and priorities to the National Advisory Board
- Consults and assists hospitals in need within the region.
- Analyzes reports from PATCOM, UDS, and Press Ganey.
- Implements and educates case managers on effective utilization of the continuum of care and community resources.
- Ensures compliance with CMS regulations and Conditions of Participations for discharge planning.
- Provides information and clinical perspective on case management, recruitment and retention, effective staffing models, patient satisfaction, CMS 13 development, educational needs, technology needs and advice.
- Supports the Regional Team and serves as a resource to the SVP, the region’s CEOs, and DCMs.
- Communicates with region’s DCMs on documentation forms and standards, outcomes and best practice, compliance and billing requirements, staffing guidelines, education and development of DCMs, and recruiting.
- Trains and assists new DCMs in his/her orientation and on boarding.
- Provides leadership to case management teams to identify issues and concerns.
- Organizes, plans, and manages time effectively to complete assignments.
- Meets position requirements and performs essential functions.
- Completes mandatory training and courses required by completion date.
- Reports questionable situations, concerns, complaints or harassment immediately.
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2022198