The Nutrition Services Clerk is responsible for essential clerical duties associated with the nutritional care and food service to patients.
The Nutrition Services Clerk must ensure that patients receive food as ordered by their Physician and/or Dietitian.
The position ensures patient meal services are carried out properly, patient food trays are assembled correctly and expeditiously.
The Nutrition Services Clerk will assist in kitchen as necessary.
Job Code: 100213
- Food Handlers course as required by state or county
- Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one year experience as a Diet Clerk/Nutrition Services Clerk in an acute care facility preferred.
- Communicates effectively in both writing and verbally.
General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2024490
Contact Name - External: Camiel Campbell
Contact Email - External: Camiel.Campbell@encompasshealth.com