The Senior Compliance Auditor conducts investigations of a general compliance nature and clinically-related audits as a part of the Company's compliance audit and controls program. The Senior Compliance Auditor executes audit procedures to assess compliance-related controls to safeguard company resources and ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of operations. The Senior Compliance Auditor, in conjunction with the Ethics & Compliance Audit and Investigations Director and other Compliance Auditors, makes recommendations for improvement of controls and processes to ensure risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable company's objectives and goals to be met.
Job Code: 100283
License or Certification:
- RN licensure required. Certification in health care compliance (CHC) a plus.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years experience with post-acute or acute care preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required. Master's degree in nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and clinical terminology is required.
- General knowledge of federal healthcare programs and compliance issues in the health care environment.
- Working knowledge of auditing techniques and auditing standards.
- Strong PC literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel, email).
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2025557