This position is for the Southwest Region, which includes all Encompass hospitals in Texas. The position will support the entire Region.
The Regional CNO Trainer is responsible for developing nursing leaders, analyzing nursing processes, and implementing remediation plans to improve nursing care and operations. The Trainer insures the development of a patient focused, team oriented culture working with members of the interdisciplinary team in hospitals as assigned. The Trainer may also be assigned to assist hospitals in preparation for regulatory surveys or other nursing leadership duties as identified by regional leadership.
Job Code: 100982
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Current unrestricted RN licensure appropriate to state regulations of residence or home based hospital
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field (if no Master's degree)
- Five years' experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years upon hire) CNO experience with responsibilities including such as 24 hour accountability, FTE Management, policy and procedure development, budgetary oversight, and conducting disciplinary action
- Minimum 1 year internal employment
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Travel required
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 13031 Wortham Center Drive, Houston 77065
Job ID: 2025680