The Associate Director, Marketing Design is responsible for leading the marketing design team inclusive of graphic designers and videographers. The position serves as a lead producer and collaborates with marketing and creative agencies for large-scale creative projects to ensure brand standards and creative direction is aligned. The Associate Director, Marketing Design also executes design, layout and typesetting projects accurately and effectively. This position schedules all work to meet customer timeframe requirements and works closely with other team members to exceed customer satisfaction and service. This position works closely with the brand marketing, project management, content and digital marketing teams to share ideas, offer creative insight and develop new methods. The Associate Director, Marketing Design manages and trains graphic design and video staff on brand implementation and reviews work for quality and consistency. This position requires minimum art direction to creatively execute projects. Good communication skills are necessary to interact with clients and facilitate projects.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in graphic design, marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in graphic design and video production.
- Experience leading graphic design and/or video teams.
- Healthcare and/or marketing creative experience preferred.
- Comprehensive background, understanding, and experience with Macintosh or PC and software applications, such as: InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of PDF and postscript files and PDF plug-ins.
- General knowledge of utility programs such as file compression, disk repair, print spoolers, PC to Mac, and Mac to PC conversion processes.
- Experience in comping and book pagination.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Ability to prepare files for output to film, plate, spot and 4-color process, digital press and receive and manipulate files electronically and maintain operating system on production machine.
- Ability to send files digital printing press and copiers.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2026571