The Sr. Manager, Public Relations works with region and hospital leaders to enhance, manage and protect the company brand by aligning with the marketing strategic direction and priorities. This position is responsible for promoting and securing positioning opportunities that support the business drivers for regions and hospitals. The Sr. Manager, Public Relations collaborates with hospital and clinical leaders to understand business priorities, development opportunities and manage issues and crisis situations.
License or Certification:
- Proven experience (8-12 years) as a lead as a healthcare public relations practitioner and/or marketing or communications specialty area.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in marketing, PR, journalism, advertising, communication, English or related field preferred.
- Experience writing and distributing new releases.
- Experience identifying and pitching media stories.
- Experience with media clip and sentiment monitoring.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Proficient in AP style writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2026619