The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Logistics and Vendor Management is responsible for the logistics, warehousing, resiliency and vendor management strategy for supply chain to support the company's 140+ inpatient rehabilitation hospitals. The senior manager determines, implements and manages the best practices for warehousing, stocking, logistics, surplus and back order management for supply-related national vendors to optimize hospitals receiving the right product at the right time as cost effectively as possible. The senior manager works closely with the other areas within supply chain, other departments including Finance and Operations, as well as our vendor community to improve operations. This position is responsible for managing central warehouse operations of critical supply reserve, as well as enhancing the supply chain resiliency plan to minimize disruptions to facilities. This position manages vendor relations including supplier score carding and operational reviews.
License or Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, etc. with at least 5 years of supply chain experience OR Master's degree in Supply Chain, Healthcare Management, or Engineering and at least 3 years of experience.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2027304