The Graphic Designer I is a full-time position responsible for performing a variety of functions in compliance with job specifications and company quality standards to ensure overall customer satisfaction and service. Executes design, layout and typesetting projects with minimal assistance from design team. Works closely with other staff members to exceed customer satisfaction and service. Requires basic art direction from director, senior designers and/or project management team to creatively execute projects. Must be knowledgeable or willing to learn the filemaker system. Good communication skills are necessary to interact with team members and facilitate projects.
Job Code: 101221
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years education or experience in graphic design.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding, and experience with Macintosh or PC and software applications,
such as: InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
- General knowledge of utility programs such as file compression, disk repair, print spoolers, PC to Mac, and Mac to PC conversion processes.
- Ability to prepare files for output to film, plate, spot and 4-color process, digital press and receive and manipulate files electronically and maintain operating system on production machine.
- Ability to send files digital printing press and copiers
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Intensive computer work and extended use of the computer keyboard and mouse.
- Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2028123