The Design Project Manager coordinates the design of new construction projects, vendor information, reviews drawings and finishes, and prepares project charters and other applicable stakeholder report documentation. The Design Project Manager maintains and plans for implementation of company-wide interior design standards that meet regulatory requirements. In addition to assisting with management and standardization of new construction, the Design Project Manager assists with finish selection and management renovation/ finish upgrade projects at existing hospitals.
License or Certification:
- Licensed Interior Designer preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Computer experience, including use of Adobe and PowerPoint.
- BIM system experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Adobe and Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2028352