The Senior Benefits Consultant is responsible for planning, organizing, and administering the benefit plans in such a manner as to assist in supporting the overall retention of employees. Senior Business Consultants collaborate and lead projects to completion with benefit carriers, external departments, and the HRD’s to implement new programs and develop best practices. The Senior Benefits Consultant is responsible for creating an environment and culture that enables the hospital’s management to fulfill its mission.
- Provides guidance, training and support to the HRD’s related to understanding and implementating the benefit plans, programs and various incentives.
- Interprets and enforces federal regulations – ERISA, FMLA, COBRA and Health Care Reform.
- Provides support and assistance in the retention of existing employees.
- Initiates funding in excess of millions of dollars each week to carriers for claims, premiums, and 401(k) contributions.
- Maintains accurate benefits records in the corporate recordkeeping system.
- Assists in meeting personal or departmental goals or deadlines.
- Participates in annual enrollment process and performs activities assigned including educating the HRD’s – as well as employees - of the enrollment process and any plan or policy changes.
- Supervises special projects and other duties as requested to completion to support needs of organization.
- Keeps up-to-date with industry technologies for enhancing job responsibilities.
- Understands and utilizes company resources where appropriate.
- Fully understands and is able to perform effectively all responsibilities of the position.
Job Code: 101065
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Desired certifications include: Peoplesoft HCM 9.x; Benefits Administration; PeopleSoft Query and Reporting Tools; Crystal Report; PeopleSoft SQR; PL/SQL
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years Benefits Administration experience.
- Experience analyzing, classifying, and documenting business requirements and functional design specifications.
- Experience with workflow analysis, business process analysis, finding improvement areas and use of business modeling tools.
- Experience in designing test strategies, test plans and accomplishing test execution, including user acceptance test development and execution and test monitoring.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting customer needs in timely manner.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2110144