The Benefits Systems Consultant, Senior works closely with the Company's Employee Benefits, Human Resources and ITG departments to provide support for the Benefits systems. This includes developing and implementing new plans and programs, testing new and existing processes, training and troubleshooting processes. This position will work on multiple projects simultaneously and will respond to basic requests for data. This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job Code: 101065
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Desired certifications include: Peoplesoft HCM 9.x; Benefits Administration; PeopleSoft Query and Reporting Tools; Crystal Report; PeopleSoft SQR; PL/SQL
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years Benefits Administration experience.
- Experience analyzing, classifying, and documenting business requirements and functional design specifications.
- Experience with workflow analysis, business process analysis, finding improvement areas and use of business modeling tools.
- Experience in designing test strategies, test plans and accomplishing test execution, including user acceptance test development and execution and test monitoring.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting customer needs in timely manner.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2110144