The Senior PeopleSoft Benefits Consultant will work closely with the Employee Benefits and IT departments to develop, implement and maintain the Benefits Administration System for Encompass Health. The Senior PeopleSoft Benefits Consultant collaborates and leads projects with benefit carriers, internal and external stakeholders, and field HR Directors to implement new programs and develop best practices. If you are interested in a job that allows you to combine your technical PeopleSoft expertise and benefits acumen with creating a culture that enables a high employee experience, we'd love to talk with you!
In this role, you'd get to do some amazing things, like:
- Work closely with the Home Office Benefits and IT departments to provide support for the Benefits Systems
- Develop and implement new benefit plans, programs and initiatives within the PeopleSoft system
- Develop test plans and perform testing of vendor interface files, new programs and system enhancements and upgrades
- Initial point of contact for the functional and end users for questions and issues pertaining to the PeopleSoft Benefits Administration system
- Generate internal reports and audits of Benefits system to ensure a continuous efficient and accurate recordkeeping system
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining eligibility activities for the Affordable Care Act/Health Care Reform federal mandate, as well as various other state mandates
- Supervise and participate in special projects related to benefits systems
Job Code: 101065
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
License or Certification:
- Desired certifications include: Peoplesoft HCM 9.x; Benefits Administration; PeopleSoft Query and Reporting Tools; Crystal Report; PeopleSoft SQR; PL/SQL
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years Benefits Administration experience.
- Experience analyzing, classifying, and documenting business requirements and functional design specifications.
- Experience with workflow analysis, business process analysis, finding improvement areas and use of business modeling tools.
- Experience in designing test strategies, test plans and accomplishing test execution, including user acceptance test development and execution and test monitoring.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to understand and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting customer needs in timely manner.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2110144