Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly HealthSouth)
Encompass Health Reading Rehabilitation Hospital is Joint Commission Certified and specializes in rehabilitative care across a wide-array of diagnoses.
For over 50 years, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Reading has been serving patients from Berks, Chester, Montgomery, Lehigh, Lancaster counties and beyond.
Located on 35 acres of gently rolling hills, in Berks County, south of Reading and just five miles from the turnpike, Encompass Health Reading is a 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive and rehabilitation services as well as Home Health service.
We Proudly Display our Gold Seal of Approval®
Stroke Rehabilitation ∙ Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation ∙ Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Committed to a higher level of care, our stroke rehabilitation, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and brain injury rehabilitation programs have earned Disease-Specific Care Certification from The Joint Commission in addition to Joint Commission accreditation.
Our 60-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neuro-rehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Human Resources Coordinator, under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, assists in the administration of human resources function to include, but not limited to, recruitment and retention of staff, benefits administration, orientation of staff, worker's compensation, and policy administration. The Human Resources Coordinator supports the recruiting function by screening resumes to identify candidates and may interview entry level candidates. This position supports benefits administration by overseeing the FMLA process. The Human Resources Coordinator is the front line for providing customer service to employee and manager needs. The Human Resources Coordinator assists in federal, state, and Joint Commission survey preparedness activities. The Human Resources Coordinator assists with special HR projects and may serve as a project coordinator. The Human Resources Coordinator must have prior Human Resources experience, very strong organizational skills, the ability to keep employee information confidential, and have strong computer skills.
Job Code: 101023
License or Certification:
- None. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SPHR certification preferred.
Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Personnel Administration, Hospital Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for four year degree on a year for year basis.
- One to three years of Human Resources experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Computer knowledge in Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1623 Morgantown Road, Reading 19607
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2110903
Contact Name - External: Melissa Henderson
Contact Email - External: Melissa.Henderson2@Encompasshealth.com