The Compliance Intern will contribute to the Ethics & Compliance department’s mission to maintain the company’s ongoing compliance with legal and regulatory obligations. As part of the internship, a research project (to include a final presentation) will be assigned to the intern for completion along with other work duties which may include one or more of the following:
- Researching existing and new regulatory requirements
- Assisting in HIPAA breach risk assessments
- Performing project management tasks
- Tracking various compliance metrics
- Assisting in the development and dissemination of compliance communications
- Compiling data for use in compliance investigations and policy development
Additional exposure to various compliance related functions will be coordinated based on the skills and future career goals of the selected intern.
Compliance Interns must take direction well and be motivated self-starters. They must have strong oral and written communication skills. They should possess a strong attentiveness to detail, be customer service-oriented, and willing to work under tight deadlines.
The 2021 summer internship will take place from May 24th - August 6th at Encompass Health’s home office located in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or law degree
- MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint proficient
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2111049