Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed adult acute rehab hospital in Worcester, MA. We are Joint Commission Accredited and Gold Seal Certified as a Stroke, Parkinson’s, Amputee and Brain Injury Center of Excellence.
Our teams are challenged with a wide variety of clinical cases spanning many neurologic and orthopedic disease specific categories as well as multi-trauma related injuries. Our partnership with Encompass Health and UMass Medical provides a focus on strong rehabilitative care and the patient base only a recognized trauma center and teaching hospital can provide.
Our 110-bed acute rehabilitation hospital offers the following inpatient specialty programs:
- Amputee Rehabilitation Program
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Burns Rehabilitation Program
- Parkinson’s Rehabilitation Program
- Multiple Trauma Rehabilitation Program
- Neurorehabilitation Program
- Orthopedics Rehabilitation Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Stroke Rehabilitation Program
The Registered Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. Working with post-op adults in an acute rehabilitation hospital environment:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care to inpatients
- Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
- Assessment and reassessment of patients
- Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team
- Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to the patients needs and is reflective of the patients goals
What types of patients will you care for? We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our nurses can expect to spend an average of 1-3 weeks with our patients with a variety of acute diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement, fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac events, and pulmonary conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success - You will be paired with mentors; attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond your own discipline.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, BSN, acute care, IUC, CCU, med/surg, med-surg, hospital, floor nurse, CRRN, CCN
Job Code: 100130
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations, BSN preferred
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferred and encouraged
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- One plus years of experience with medically complex patients preferred
- Strong new graduates encouraged to apply
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2111213
Contact Name - External: Mark Hutchison
Contact Email - External: Mark.Hutchison@encompasshealth.com