Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Colorado Springs is looking for a full-time Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (PASC).
The PASC will assure the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. To perform this task the PASC will:
- Use discretion and independent judgment.
- Coordinate the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients.
- Oversee all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI.
- Ensure the presence of supporting documentation.
- Work closely with CNO, DTO, DCM, HIMs Director, Coder, DoP, and WCC to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines.
- Educate staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI.
- Act as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to Quality Indicator coding and IRF-PAI completion.
This position requires a positive working relationship as well as serving as an educator to the medical staff.
Wage based upon experience, the pay range for this position starts at: $61,000/year
To learn more about us and apply, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Code: 101013
License or Certification:
- Licensed or certified clinician: RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, Recreational Therapist, Respiratory Therapist, case manager/social worker.
- QI Credentialed.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Possesses an Allied Health, Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree, as appropriate to licensure or certification.
- Possesses the ability to perform assessments.
- 1 year experience in the healthcare setting.
- Attends all EHC IRF-PAI trainings.
- Rehab or post-acute care experience, preferred.
- Proficient teaching and communication skills, preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer. Physical Requirements:
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements. Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines, monitor processes or educate staff.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 325 Parkside Dr., Colorado Springs 80910
Job ID: 2111435