Encompass Health is offering a hands-on analyst role with real-world research and development opportunities for students. The Information Technology Group is involved in exploring new and emerging technologies. Encompass Health continues to refine and expand the use of technology for employees, patients, and customers. The ITG intern position will be assigned to the Information Security group in ITG for the duration of the internship. During the internship a project (to include a final presentation) will be assigned to the intern for completion along with other work duties.
Daily Activities and Duties
- Support security analysts and engineers with various efforts, projects, and programs
- Manage projects and tasks as assigned
- Respond to requests for assistance from business units and other internal customers
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of KA security posture
- Keep Security Lead apprised of activities, issues, commitments, etc.
- Summarize technical details into high-level descriptions for presentation to CISO and other management
The 2021 summer internship will take place from May 24th - August 6th at Encompass Health's home office located in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Security, Information Technology or relevant field
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic familiarity with security controls for operating systems, applications, and network devices
- Familiarity with basic security concepts, trends, and threats
- Working knowledge of networks, TCP/IP, and related services
- Hands on experience with Windows and UNIX (Linux, AIX, Solaris, etc) platforms
- Basic knowledge of the following concepts and/or tools:
Cryptography / PKI
Network and application security, and related firewalls
LDAP and various implementations as in AD, Tivoli, Oracle Identity Manager, etc.
Virus detection and end point security
Identity and access management, single sign-on, and related tools
Vulnerability scanner and penetration testing tools
IDS/IPS and related tools
SIEM and tools
Compiled and interpreted programming languages and scripting
Common web application security vulnerabilities
Address: 9001 Liberty Parkway, Birmingham 35242
Job ID: 2111543