Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie is part of one of the Nation’s largest providers of Rehabilitation Services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives. Our modern 90,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation hospital is situated on the coast of Lake Erie and offers comprehensive nursing care and extensive inpatient therapy serving the tri-state areas of northwestern Pennsylvania, northeastern Ohio, and western New York.
During the past 25 years, through the success of our unique rehabilitation programs, we've upheld our reputation as a national leader in rehab. Maintaining our leadership role in rehab takes more than just quality care and good programs, it takes a dedicated staff that is committed to each patient achieving the highest possible outcome with the eventual goal of returning home.
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie’s specialized care includes neuro-rehabilitation treatment programs that are led by our program medical director who is board certified in internal medicine, neurology, EMG, neuro-rehabilitation, and vascular neurology. We specialize in advanced stroke, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, including post-operative deep brain stimulation (DBS) rehabilitation, post-operative intrathecal baclofen (spasticity) rehabilitation and dysphagia rehabilitation program using VitalStim (electrical stimulation therapy for recovery of swallowing) as well as DPNS (Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation) therapy.
In addition to caring for general rehabilitation diagnoses such as orthopedics, cardiac, pulmonary, or general debility post surgery or illness, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Erie has specialized inpatient programs for stroke, brain injury, neurological diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillian-Barre syndrome, trauma and spinal cord injury. Other services offered include onsite dialysis, wound and ostomy care, tracheotomy and dietitian evaluation and treatment including enteral feeding support.
We currently are recognized by the Joint Commission for four Specialty Disease-Specific Certifications in Stroke, Brain Injury, Orthopedics, and Parkinson’s Disease.
The Receptionist maintains internal and external communications of hospital and community through the operation of the telephone switchboard and front desk reception and helps support other hospital departments by taking on clerical or general office related responsibilities as directed.
Job Code: 100221
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of switchboard equipment preferred
- Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry assignments preferred
- 10-key data entry method preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone switchboard, postage machine, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 10 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 143 East Second Street, Erie 16507
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2112308