Wage based upon experience: $44.00
To learn more about us and apply, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity EmployerThe Nurse Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of patient care programs, policies, and procedures that describe how patients' needs for nursing care, treatment, and services are assessed, evaluated, and met. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Job Code: 100374
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations (unrestricted)
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within one year of hire or entry in to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- Two years recent (within the last 5 years) experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or lead capacity where they had responsibility for interim reporting, issue resolution, setting direction and had accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1001 West Mineral Avenue, Littleton 80120
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2112331