A better team approach
A better result for patients
BE THE CONNECTION.
As a member of Senior Leadership, the Certified Director of Case Management (CDCM) is responsible for the day to day operations and human resource management of the department of Case Management. With a central focus on census management, patient care outcomes and key care indicators the CDCM oversees the interdisciplinary plan of care and the discharge planning process to ensure the effectiveness and appropriateness of services. The CDCM is a patient and family advocate to ensure that services are delivered to meet the needs of patients and families and that the utilization of resources is appropriate.
The CDCM assumes responsibility for providing appropriate training, education and management of the department of Case Management. The CDCM serves as a Senior Leader who coordinates and communicates effectively with other members of administration, medical staff and the interdisciplinary patient care team regarding service delivery, financial management, and discharge planning processes.
The CDCM provides training and direction to support Case Manager¿s effectively completing assigned responsibilities; managing caseloads, interpreting regulations, policies, operational procedures, and objectives; reviewing operations in assigned area to ensure a high level of quality that is consistent with organizational standards. Additionally the CDCM participates in utilization review activities; performs case management analysis; and oversees concurrent review functions with appropriate follow-up action plan and intervention.
This position is also responsible for relationship building, as defined through targeted goals of the business plan, with insurance companies, self-insured employers, case management firms, and/or other health care networks. The CDCM participates, as appropriate, in developing managed care strategies and plans for the hospital. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
License and Certification:
- Must be qualified to independently complete an assessment within the scope of practice of his/her discipline (for example, RN, MSW, OT, PT, and Speech).
- If licensure is available for his/her discipline within his/her state, individual must hold an active license.
- Current CCM® or ACM, certification is required.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- For Nursing, must possess baccaluareate degree in Nursing (BSN) with RN license.
- For other eligible health care professionals, must possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree and graduate degree is preferred.
- 3 years of hospital based Case Management experience including Utilization Review and Discharge Planning experience.
Address: 9175 W. Oquendo Road, Las Vegas 89148
Job ID: 2112685
Contact Name - External: Christina Stewart
Contact Email - External: Christina.Stewart@encompasshealth.com