Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Braintree
Diet Tech - Full Time - rotating shifts during the week (morning, mid day, evening rotation)
Weekend and Holiday availability required - will be on a rotating coverage schedule
The Diet Technician is responsible for duties associated with the nutritional care and food service to patients. Must ensure that patients receive food as ordered by their Physician and/or Dietitian. Job responsibilities include distributing and collecting patient menus, assisting with menu selections, gathering patient food preferences, allergies and documenting nutritional history. Works closely with the Dietitian / Food service team to be sure that our patient’s nutritional needs are met. A great opportunity for aspiring Dietitians looking for valuable experience in a health care setting.
Job Code: 100072
License or Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition or equivalent degree program required.
- Registration with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred but not required
A.A.S. Dietetic Technology Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- One year experience as a Diet Tech preferred but not required
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and retrieve approximately 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to safely push/pull objects weighing up to 150 pounds on wheels, with assistance, if necessary. The push/pull weight will be based on a loaded maximum weight of 300 pounds per cart.
- Ability to demonstrate safe retrieval skills from above the head to floor level with objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
- Wet surfaces and sharp objects and high noise levels possible
- Hot and cold temperatures extremes
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 250 Pond Street, Braintree 02184
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2112741