Tremendous professional abilities
BE THE CONNECTION.
Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (Physical Rehabilitation MDS Coordinator)
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Richmond
5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226
$5,000 Sign on Bonus option available!
Are you a licensed RN or LPN?
Are you interested in pursuing a career in medical quality improvement (QI) as a MDS Coordinator? If so, we have a unique and exciting opportunity to perform a similar function but in an inpatient, physical rehabilitation hospital as a Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (PASC)!
Our Patient Assessment Standards Coordinator (PASC) assures the accurate extraction of data from the clinical documentation. This requires:
- Use of discretion and independent judgment.
- Coordinating the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved for Medicare patients.
- Overseeing all aspects of data collection on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI).
- Ensuring the presence of supporting documentation.
- Collaborating with leaders and key members of Nursing, Therapy, Case Management, Quality and Medical Records to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines.
- Educating staff on proper and accurate documentation as it applies to the IRF PAI.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations for the completion of the IRF-PAI, including admission and discharge QI coding.
- Safeguarding accuracy of QI coding through chart reviews and observation of staff scoring performance. Training staff in accurate and defendable document processes to support the IRF-PAI.
- Accurately document and extract data on hospital performance. Review, interpret and collects data on each patient in preparation for the completion of the IRF-PAI. Ensure that IRF-PAI data is entered in the computer accurately and transmitted to CMS/UDS (Uniform Data Set) within the time fames specified for admission and discharge.
- Working to improve process of QI coding and all other data collection specific to IRF-PAI.
- Understanding and teaching the IRF-PAI manual for CMS Compliance.
- Protecting confidentiality of Protected Health Information.
- Participating in Team Conference as warranted to provide input and receive information regarding specific patient’s condition, functional performance, and goals.
- Collaborating with team on identification of potential comorbidities or accurate Case Mix Group (CMG) and Rehabilitation Impairment Category (RIC) categories.
- Acting as the primary resource for immediate problem solving in regards to Quality Indicator coding and IRF-PAI completion.
- Licensed RN or LPN required.
- One year experience in a healthcare setting.
- One year of MDS or PASC experience, preferred.
- Proficient teaching, communication skills, and computer skills, required.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
- Benefits that begin when you do.
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
- Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 5700 Fitzhugh Avenue, Richmond 23226
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2112773