The Learning and Performance Technology Specialist is responsible for the company's enterprise administration of learning and performance technology products, such as, the Learning Management System (LMS), mobile learning platform, along with virtual/web-based training tools and events. Serving as a consultant to internal customers, the Learning and Performance Technology Specialist focuses on enhancing learning and development capability through full exploitation and integration of purchased vendor content, materials, and technology with consumer based products available to employees.
In this role, the incumbent has oversight of the LMS and performance application and environment, primarily optimizing the LMS application performance. This role collaborates with HRIS, IT, and other key stakeholders to establish/refine processes, upgrades, and development of the LMS along with third-party services to support learning within the hospital and home office. In addition, this role is responsible for answering customer service tickets related to technology issues and support.
The Learning and Performance Technology Specialist drives automation of onboarding processes through the LMS, enhance and broaden continuous learning through virtual/web-based applications, and develop social and collaborative learning events power by technology (i.e. podcasts, interactive forums, etc.). The incumbent oversees the OD SharePoint administration to ensure that learning objects are fully integrated and seamless across the various learning platforms.
License or Certification:
- PHR or specialty equivalent preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience. Master's degree preferred
- Organizational Development or Human Resources degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience with 1 year experience in implementing and evaluating projects and programs
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone, copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
- Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 15 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English, active listening.
- Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, critical thinking.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple activities and projects successfully.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to lead projects.
- Demonstrated effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment and work with persons at all levels of the company.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Job ID: 2112837