Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Worcester, MA 01602
A 110 bed acute physical rehabilitation hospital and the largest of its kind in central Massachusetts.
We are the nation’s leading provider of rehabilitative services with over 100 acute rehabilitation hospitals in 26 states including Puerto Rico!
The Medical Staff Credentialing Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant - Maintains medical staff services and credentialing information. Obtains necessary information to complete appointment and reappointment processes, maintains accurate files credentialing with regard to verification documentation, demographics, committee attendance, National Practitioner Data Bank, malpractice insurance and state medical licensure/certification.
Supports the CEO and other senior members with special projects, complete insurance Credentialing application. In addition, the position supports medical staff committees, as required and maintains medical staff bylaws, rules/regulations and policies.
Job Code: 100088
License or Certification:
- CPCS or CPMSM encouraged
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- High school degree required
- Two years’ experience in medical staff credentialing required
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Type with speed and accuracy, 10-key preferred
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 25 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail
- Experience with presenting to executive leadership
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2112838
Contact Name - External: Camiel Campbell
Contact Email - External: Camiel.Campbell@encompasshealth.com