More personalized patient care
More professional impact
BE THE CONNECTION.
In your role as Certified Nursing Assistant I, you’ll be the connection between more personal, exceptional care and the positive effect it has on patients. Take this chance to have an impact on each patient in a more profound way during their stay with us. Make the most of your clinical and management skills with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What makes Encompass Health careers different—and better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
Certified Nursing Assistant I
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Full-Time, Days, Certified Nursing Assistant I
This position is for Nevada and California hospitals only.
The Certified Nursing Assistant I assists rehabilitation nurses with rehabilitation treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation nurses.
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and supervisors.
The Certified Nursing Assistant I supports an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered treatment.
Job Code: 101354
License or Certification:
- CNA license or certification required as the state requires.
- CPR certification required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 1250 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas 89102
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2112859