Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health
Worcester, MA 01602
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110 bed adult acute rehab hospital in Worcester, MA. We are Joint Commission Accredited and Gold Seal Certified as a Stroke and Brain Injury Center of Excellence.
Are you an experienced Quality or Utilization Nurse looking to expand your experience? Or have you worked for an insurance group and have strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines and admissions criteria? Are you involved with chart review and accuracy of documentation standards for correct? Do you have the interpersonal skills to provide teaching to a range of professionals from newly graduated nursing staff to experience physicians?
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health is looking for a Medical Records Compliance Analyst (MRCA) - This is a Nurse or Therapist who will focus on the adequacy of Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital documentation in order to meet The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) coverage rules and criteria for inpatient rehabilitation services – Rule Implementation Guide or RIG.
The MRCA focuses on concurrent chart review to ensure compliance with certain documentation, for example, ensuring the documentation shows that a rehab physician provides his/her concurrence with a preadmission screening prior to the patients admission. And, for example, elements are documented for a post admission physician evaluation. This position places an emphasis on the quality of documentation and appropriateness of documentation.
This position works closely with the medical staff, case managers and other key members in patient care. This position requires an attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills. This position will be responsible for the facilitation of the medical executive committee meetings, and be a part of the quality /risk management team supporting other regulatory requirements such as the Joint Commission and Department of Public Health.
Keywords: 01602, RN, BSN, Nurse, quality, utilization review, chart review, regulatory guidelines
Job Code: 100846
- Licensed nurse or allied health licensed professional, RN preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- RN, Bachelor's degree or allied health degree as required for licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within their licensed discipline, acute hospital experience preferred, other experience with medically complex patients considered.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as computer, Microsoft Office
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Extended periods in office reviewing patient records for accuracy.
- Ability to lift/push/pull a minimum of 15 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of supplies and equipment. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Address: 189 May Street, Worcester 01602
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: 2113229
Contact Name - External: Camiel Campbell
Contact Email - External: Camiel.Campbell@encompasshealth.com