Organizational leadership that inspires
Patient care that sets the standard
BE THE CONNECTION.
The role of associate administrator affords you the ability to pursue a unique kind of professional achievement. This is your opportunity to be the connection between organizational excellence and the meaningful successes our patients experience on a daily basis. Apply the vast knowledge, experience and skills you’ve acquired throughout your career to enhance the effectiveness of our teams and the services we proudly offer. Realize the positive, personal impact of leadership on a greater scale with national post-acute care leader Encompass Health.
What Makes Encompass Health Careers Different—and Better:
Working at Encompass Health means being part of something special: A team that is passionate about making an impact on patients’ lives each day. Unlike the typical hospital setting, Encompass Health offers you the unique opportunity to walk alongside patients on their road to recovery from stroke, spinal cord injuries, neurological disorders, joint replacements, multiple trauma and cardiac/pulmonary conditions. As you help patients achieve goals and regain independence, you can form significant relationships with them and celebrate the successes they experience along the way.
Our culture of compassion and collaboration is founded on more than just the care we provide our patients; it is expressed in the values we live. We encourage and empower each employee to keep learning and growing by providing the resources to deliver a better way to care. At Encompass Health, you’ll find something decidedly different and more satisfying: A career that is challenging, inspiring and rewarding. Maximize your talent and join a team that is committed to setting the standard for better healthcare with this engaging opportunity:
ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR - (DEVELOPING CEO PROGRAM)
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
• Take part in a two-year CEO-in-development program to take the next step in your career and become the chief executive officer (CEO) at one of our hospitals.
• Be placed in a host hospital as an associate director and report to the hospital’s CEO.
• Develop and demonstrate the necessary qualifications to become a CEO while leading significant improvements in the hospital’s culture, as well as financial, employee and patient-satisfaction outcomes.
• Act as a member of the hospital’s leadership team and take responsibility for at least one department, with progressive responsibility based on demonstrated ability and hospital needs.
• Complete the Associate Administrator Program curriculum and other tasks as assigned.
• Apply for a position as CEO of a hospital where we have an opening upon successful completion of the program.
• Commitment to the role of associate administrator for approximately two years, and to the role of hospital CEO/administrator for three additional years or more essential.
• Willingness to relocate to host hospital location and at end of program within two years to any of our hospital locations a must.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or MHA preferred.
•Three or more years of management experience in hospital setting, including selection; performance appraisal; performance management and discipline; compensation and promotion/termination decisions for direct reports; and departmental budget development/oversight/spending responsibility required.
• Two or more years of senior management experience in healthcare, including responsibility for one or more of the following hospital departments: Finance and accounting, marketing, nursing, inpatient therapy, quality, case management, and human resources essential.
• Evidence of consistently above-average performance compared to expectations for comparable positions a must.
• Strong competencies in analysis, business acumen, change agility, collaboration, decision-making, leadership, strategic focus, talent management and technical mastery within one or more disciplines vital to inpatient hospital operations required.
JULY 2021 COHORT HOST HOSPITAL LOCATIONS (subject to change once filled):
• Mechanicsburg, PA
• Ludlow, MA
• Columbus, OH
• Kingsport, TN
• Augusta, GA
• Stuart, FL
• Conroe, TX (Houston)
• Tucson, AZ
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits that start on day one, including:
• Benefits that begin when you do.
• Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full and part-time employees and their families.
• Generous paid time off that increases with tenure.
• Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities.
• Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock-purchase plans.
• Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
Helping patients regain hope and independence, Encompass Health is a national leader in post-acute care. We operate rehabilitation hospitals and offer home health and hospice care in 36 states as well as Puerto Rico. Following the Encompass Way, we are driven by our core values: We proudly set the standard, lead with empathy, do what’s right, focus on the positive, and remain stronger together.
Realize the powerful difference you can make. Take this opportunity to join our team.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at encompasshealth.com
Connect with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Address: 18550 IH - 45 South, Conroe 77302
Job ID: 2113940